Tucked Away is located just above the Tuckasegee River with long range view of the river and long-range mountain views of the Smoky Mountains. This central location is perfect with easy access to several small towns, including Bryson City, Cherokee, Sylva and other scenic destinations and activities available in the Smokies, yet secluded enough to get away from the hustle and bustle of life. The local mountain towns offer shops, restaurants, breweries, wineries and lots of outdoor activities (hiking, biking, rafting, kayaking, tubing and much more) that you will surely find something to your liking. Bryson City is also the host for the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad (GSMR) train that offers scenic rides to the Nantahala Gorge, Dillsboro and also Whittier during the Christmas holiday season as the “Polar Express” (heads up: may catch a glimpse from Tucked Away as it makes its way to the North Pole). The GSMR operates using a historic Steam Locomotive to add the nostalgia, romance and character of a train ride (especially the “Polar Express”).
Also, within a 20-minute radius of Tucked Away is access the to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, which offers endless hiking, and scenic drives with endless views in every direction. Also, the Deep Creek portion of the national park is located just outside Bryson City with excellent creek tubing during the Spring and Summer months and miles and miles of hiking trails accessible all year round with multiple waterfalls. Also, nearby in the town of Cherokee with the Harrah’s Casino, more shopping and restaurants and yes, even more hiking (yes more waterfalls too) and other activities. If you like golf, Tucked Away is in a great location as well with quick access to the Sequoyah National Golf Course in Cherokee (10 minutes) and Smoky Mountain Country Club (10 minutes) in Whittier, as well as others within the surrounding area.
If more water fun is what you are looking for, you can reach the Almond Boat Dock on Fontana Lake in about 25 minutes for some great swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, and canoeing options! Or you can experience the exhilaration of white-water rafting, zip lining, and other adventurous excursions out in the Nantahala Gorge located about 20-25 minutes away.
Tucked Away is also a short drive to Sylva and Waynesville as well, yet if you want to venture little further Asheville is about a 50-minute drive, with the Biltmore, Grove Park Inn and a vibrant downtown area with lots of restaurants, breweries, galleries and shops to enjoy the day exploring. Tucked Away is close enough to plug into fun, but tucked away so you can unplug.
Tucked Away is a quaint single level cabin that offers 2 bedrooms and 2 baths with a rustic modern décor. The cabin offers privacy, peace, quiet and scenic views for guests to enjoy during their stay. The cabin hosts a fire pit for gathering around a warm and cozy fire on a cool evening, as well as porch with a swing, rockers, and outdoor dining set to enjoy the views of the river and the Smoky Mountains (great sunset views). A gas grill is also available to make something tasty up and a corn hole set to get your game on while you hang out. If you bring your furry friends, there is plenty of space to walk them around the cabin and down the driveway as well, without the worry of traffic.
The charm and character of this rustic modern cabin is apparent from the moment you step in the front door. The living room offers a stone gas log fireplace for the cool nights and comfy sofa and chairs to gather and maybe even take in a movie on the flat screen TV. Adjacent to the living room is the open concept dining area and a modern fully appointed kitchen with stainless steel appliances, custom cabinetry and a coffee bar area for your morning cup of java. Off the kitchen is a laundry room and an area to hang your jackets and backpacks after a day of hiking. After a long day of fun, we all need a place to cleanup and get some rest. There are two bedrooms both offering King Size beds, with the master having an en-suite bathroom with a walk-in shower. The hall bath/2nd bath greats you with a rustic sliding barn door and a full bathtub/shower with modern fixtures. Tucked Away offers all the comforts and coziness of home, with the privacy and tranquility to unplug.
CAROLINA MOUNTAIN VACATIONS
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
Click Here to Print or View Complete V.R.A. as pdf
If you have questions about this Vacation Rental Agreement, we would love to answer them for you.
Our toll free number for questions about this agreement is: 877-488-8500.
To view required payment at Booking, Click on the "Get Quote" button.
Reservation balance due at check-in.
Military Discounts can only be applied by
Reservationist after confirmation of eligibility.
(full descriptions and details provided in VRA)
Cancellations with short notice are unfair to both Carolina Mountain Vacations as well as the Cabin owner.
If you must cancel be sure to do so at least 31 days in advance of your arrival date.
If you elected to purchase trip insurance, the travel insurance company should be contacted with the claim by tenant.
NO RENTALS will be permitted to ANYONE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE.
All Guest are required to Check-In at our office:
40 Greenlee Street, Bryson City, NC 28713
For Directions to our office.
CHECK-IN is AFTER 4 P.M.
A.) Pay any outstanding balance in full.
B.) You will be handed printed detailed directions and information to access keys to your vacation cabin on the day you check-in at our office.
Internet mapping devises and navigation systems are NOT recommended for use in the Western NC Mountains ( GPS signal reception is spoty in the mountains).
CHECK-OUT is by 11 A.M.
To check-out you do not need to come by our office. Simply, Call our office to let us know you are leaving.
Before leaving the cabin Please:
* Just leave the linens and towls where they are, laundry services are part of the Departure Cleaning (not part of your Vacation)
*No need to run to the dump with your trash, we got that too. Just make sure the lids are on Tight.
*Remove all perishable food from cabinets and refrigerator.
*Start the dishwasher, if cabin is equipped. Dish soap is provided under sink
* Check for all personal belongings. Items left behind can be sent back with a $20 retrieval fee, plus shipping, will be charged
*Lock all doors and place keys back in the lock box
*Don't forget to give us a call as you head out.
Early Check-In and Late Check-Out:
If you are planning a late arrival time to your North Carolina vacation cabin rental, please contact our cabin rental office during business hours to make arrangements. Our office hours are 9 am to 9 pm, 7 days a week. Requests for early check-in or late check-out will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our office no less than 24 hours in advance with requests for an early arrival or late departure. Consideration is given based upon the property’s “status” immediately prior to or following your reservation.
Failure to disclose an accurate Guest count or the presence of unregistered Guests could result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 deducted from card on file.
Children 12 and under stay free.
Maximum occupancy refers to all persons over the age of one year old. Violations of maximum occupancy can cause property damage as well as violate local laws and regulations. (Most mountain cabins and homes run on private septic and well systems. Overtaxing these systems can cause serious problems.) Any maximum occupancy violation constitutes a breach of contract and Guest agrees that any such violation, in addition to any other remedies herein, will result in immediate eviction of Guests, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 representing liquidated damages.
Policies for Carolina Mountain Vacations Pet-Friendly Cabins
Guests will be required to sign the CMV Pet Policy at Check-In.
There are potential consequences for bringing an unauthorized pet onto any CMV property.
1. For pet friendly cabins, there is a one time $45 non-refundable pet fee for each pet up to a max of 3 pets. Any misrepresentation regarding the number of pets at the cabin will be charged accordingly.
2. Pets are only permitted with prior approval. Be sure to notify us if you are bringing a dog to one of our pet-friendly cabins. If prior approval has not been authorized and there is evidence of a pet having been at the property, the penalty may include a $200 charge, immediate removal of the pet and eviction from the cabin with the forfeiture of all rental payments.
3. CMV only accepts well-behaved, housebroken dogs into our pet friendly cabins. Even though we love all pets, we regret that we are unable to allow any animals other than dogs in our rental cabins. Absolutely no cats are permitted in CMV rental cabins. For the purpose of this agreement, the term “pet” is always used in reference to a dog. In the interest of protection your dog, a leash should always be used when your dog is outside. While North Carolina does not have a state leash law, please note that cities and counties may have stricter regulations. No dog shall be tied outside the Cabin unless supervised by a responsible adult
4. As a general rule, dogs should not be left unattended in cabins. In an unfamiliar environment dogs may act uncharacteristically and unpredictably. They may get nervous and bark, causing a disturbance to neighbors. Or they may harm the cabin by chewing, scratching or making messes that they would not typically make at home. Please remember to be respectful of nearby neighbors. Always use a crate in the rare event that a dog must be left alone.
5. Legal Disclaimer: Any damages to the cabin or cabin property or another person because of a pet will be the sole responsibility of the registered Guest. Guests are held financially responsible for all physical damages to the Cabin (i.e. chewing, scratching, flea infestation, etc.) inflicted on the Cabin by the presence of a pet. If extra cleaning is deemed reasonable due to the presence of a pet (i.e. soiled furniture and/or flooring, hair on furnishings or bedding, fleas), the Guest will be held financially responsible and the credit card on file will be charged for the amount of the repair/recovery. CMV is not responsible for harm caused to any pet.
Please review the Road Scale info for this cabin before booking.
Guest acknowledges that access to rented property will require driving on gravel and paved mountain roads that may in places be steep and has been given recommendation on the minimum type of vehicle needed to safely drive the road to property. CMV will not give refund or be held liable if guest does not adhere to recommended vehicle type and is not able to or refuses to drive up road to cabin. Nor can CMV be held responsible for temporary weather conditions that alter road conditions. Please adhere to any recommendation or requirement for a four-wheel-drive vehicle when listed in a property description. It is highly recommended that Guests try to arrive during daylight hours for their first visit to our area to become familiar with the area and roads. Our cleaning and maintenance staff drive these roads in their personal vehicles almost daily and report any major road issues; such as washouts, fallen trees or rocks. CMV will upon notification from staff or guest, contact appropriate local authorities to have road cleared or repaired.
For full explanation of Road Scale and NC Mountain driving tips.