The Hideaway is located just 10 minutes from Bryson City, and 20 minutes from Cherokee. It is nearby Fontana Lake, the Nantahala Outdoor Center and Tsali Recreation Center. This area offers a lot of outdoor adventures. You can explore the Great Smokies National Park, The Blue Ridge Parkway, Deep Creek, and so much more. Pontoon boat rentals are locally located, as well as mountain bikes. You can also enjoy a scenic trip along the Great Smokies Railroad. You may need to extend your vacation just to get it all in!
The Hideaway is a perfect mountain vacation home for a larger family or group of friends to get away at and still have it all. Up a partially paved driveway, a large gravel parking area provides plenty of space for several vehicles. This home sits on a very spacious wooded lot with mountain views to be enjoyed. The exterior living space offers a hot tub on the lower level as well as a fire pit area. Both ideally located for privacy and views. A large yard extends along the side of the cabin providing lots of space to run and play for the kids. A warm summer night will have them chasing lightning bugs while the flames from the fire pit illuminate the darkness. The upper deck is partially covered and has lots of seating, a great location to take in the views and grill up a nice meal on the gas grill.
The front door brings you inside this comfortable mountain retreat, entering to the left will lead you to the kitchen, straight ahead will take you to the living and dining area, and to the right you will find the bedrooms and bathrooms. A large floor plan gives all guest plenty of space to unpack and settle in. Hardwood floors pull you into the living room, with high vaulted ceilings and exposed beams. A large gas log fireplace creates a cozy atmosphere to kick back on the leather sofas and relax together. There is a satellite TV to keep you up to date on your favorite shows. Large windows bring nature right into this room, as well as pulling you out onto the deck through a door to access the fresh mountain air. To the left is the dining area, and right around the corner is the kitchen. It is very spacious, and everyone will be able to help out with meal time. There is a second dining area here. You will find the kitchen is fully equipped and all you need to prepare meals is provided. Down the hallway there is a full bath, a king size master bedroom, which also has a satellite TV, and a queen size bedroom. Both private and inviting. Comfortable bedding ensures a great night’s sleep after a busy day exploring the Smoky Mountains.
A stairway located in the hallway of the main level takes you down to the additional bedrooms, a second full bath, game room, den, and laundry area. This home provides more than enough space for any retreat. At the base of the stairs a hallway spans the downstairs. First up is a large room with a washer and dryer. The next room you come to is the game room and den, separated by a large brick fireplace. You can challenge each other to a game of pool. If you prefer to just hang out and relax, the cozy den is just around the nook of the large fireplace. A set of gas logs warms up this space. Two leather futons provide seating or additional sleeping space. From this room there is an exterior door which takes you out to a patio, and has easy access to the hot tub and fire pit area. Back inside, and down the hallway you come to a third bedroom. This room features a bunk bed with both a twin and full bed, as well as an additional twin size bed. Next you will come to the fourth bedroom, it has a queen size bed. At the end of the hallway is the second bathroom. It also has a shower and tub.
CAROLINA MOUNTAIN VACATIONS
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
Click Here to Print or View Complete V.R.A. as pdf
If you have questions about this Vacation Rental Agreement, we would love to answer them for you.
Our toll free number for questions about this agreement is: 877-488-8500.
To view required payment at Booking, Click on the "Get Quote" button.
Reservation balance due at check-in.
Military Discounts can only be applied by
Reservationist after confirmation of eligibility.
(full descriptions and details provided in VRA)
Cancellations with short notice are unfair to both Carolina Mountain Vacations as well as the Cabin owner.
If you must cancel be sure to do so at least 31 days in advance of your arrival date.
If you elected to purchase trip insurance, the travel insurance company should be contacted with the claim by tenant.
NO RENTALS will be permitted to ANYONE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE.
All Guest are required to Check-In at our office:
40 Greenlee Street, Bryson City, NC 28713
For Directions to our office.
CHECK-IN is AFTER 4 P.M.
A.) Pay any outstanding balance in full.
B.) You will be handed printed detailed directions and information to access keys to your vacation cabin on the day you check-in at our office.
Internet mapping devises and navigation systems are NOT recommended for use in the Western NC Mountains ( GPS signal reception is spoty in the mountains).
CHECK-OUT is by 11 A.M.
To check-out you do not need to come by our office. Simply, Call our office to let us know you are leaving.
Before leaving the cabin Please:
* Just leave the linens and towls where they are, laundry services are part of the Departure Cleaning (not part of your Vacation)
*No need to run to the dump with your trash, we got that too. Just make sure the lids are on Tight.
*Remove all perishable food from cabinets and refrigerator.
*Start the dishwasher, if cabin is equipped. Dish soap is provided under sink
* Check for all personal belongings. Items left behind can be sent back with a $20 retrieval fee, plus shipping, will be charged
*Lock all doors and place keys back in the lock box
*Don't forget to give us a call as you head out.
Early Check-In and Late Check-Out:
If you are planning a late arrival time to your North Carolina vacation cabin rental, please contact our cabin rental office during business hours to make arrangements. Our office hours are 9 am to 9 pm, 7 days a week. Requests for early check-in or late check-out will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our office no less than 24 hours in advance with requests for an early arrival or late departure. Consideration is given based upon the property’s “status” immediately prior to or following your reservation.
Failure to disclose an accurate Guest count or the presence of unregistered Guests could result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 deducted from card on file.
Children 12 and under stay free.
Maximum occupancy refers to all persons over the age of one year old. Violations of maximum occupancy can cause property damage as well as violate local laws and regulations. (Most mountain cabins and homes run on private septic and well systems. Overtaxing these systems can cause serious problems.) Any maximum occupancy violation constitutes a breach of contract and Guest agrees that any such violation, in addition to any other remedies herein, will result in immediate eviction of Guests, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 representing liquidated damages.
Policies for Carolina Mountain Vacations Pet-Friendly Cabins
Guests will be required to sign the CMV Pet Policy at Check-In.
There are potential consequences for bringing an unauthorized pet onto any CMV property.
1. For pet friendly cabins, there is a one time $45 non-refundable pet fee for each pet up to a max of 3 pets. Any misrepresentation regarding the number of pets at the cabin will be charged accordingly.
2. Pets are only permitted with prior approval. Be sure to notify us if you are bringing a dog to one of our pet-friendly cabins. If prior approval has not been authorized and there is evidence of a pet having been at the property, the penalty may include a $200 charge, immediate removal of the pet and eviction from the cabin with the forfeiture of all rental payments.
3. CMV only accepts well-behaved, housebroken dogs into our pet friendly cabins. Even though we love all pets, we regret that we are unable to allow any animals other than dogs in our rental cabins. Absolutely no cats are permitted in CMV rental cabins. For the purpose of this agreement, the term “pet” is always used in reference to a dog. In the interest of protection your dog, a leash should always be used when your dog is outside. While North Carolina does not have a state leash law, please note that cities and counties may have stricter regulations. No dog shall be tied outside the Cabin unless supervised by a responsible adult
4. As a general rule, dogs should not be left unattended in cabins. In an unfamiliar environment dogs may act uncharacteristically and unpredictably. They may get nervous and bark, causing a disturbance to neighbors. Or they may harm the cabin by chewing, scratching or making messes that they would not typically make at home. Please remember to be respectful of nearby neighbors. Always use a crate in the rare event that a dog must be left alone.
5. Legal Disclaimer: Any damages to the cabin or cabin property or another person because of a pet will be the sole responsibility of the registered Guest. Guests are held financially responsible for all physical damages to the Cabin (i.e. chewing, scratching, flea infestation, etc.) inflicted on the Cabin by the presence of a pet. If extra cleaning is deemed reasonable due to the presence of a pet (i.e. soiled furniture and/or flooring, hair on furnishings or bedding, fleas), the Guest will be held financially responsible and the credit card on file will be charged for the amount of the repair/recovery. CMV is not responsible for harm caused to any pet.
Please review the Road Scale info for this cabin before booking.
Guest acknowledges that access to rented property will require driving on gravel and paved mountain roads that may in places be steep and has been given recommendation on the minimum type of vehicle needed to safely drive the road to property. CMV will not give refund or be held liable if guest does not adhere to recommended vehicle type and is not able to or refuses to drive up road to cabin. Nor can CMV be held responsible for temporary weather conditions that alter road conditions. Please adhere to any recommendation or requirement for a four-wheel-drive vehicle when listed in a property description. It is highly recommended that Guests try to arrive during daylight hours for their first visit to our area to become familiar with the area and roads. Our cleaning and maintenance staff drive these roads in their personal vehicles almost daily and report any major road issues; such as washouts, fallen trees or rocks. CMV will upon notification from staff or guest, contact appropriate local authorities to have road cleared or repaired.
For full explanation of Road Scale and NC Mountain driving tips.