Your story awaits!
Story Lodge is a breathtaking 3BR, 3.5BA log cabin secluded in a private gated community in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains. This cabin is located about a 20-minute drive from Bryson City and about 10 minutes from Cherokee. Fill your days here with relaxing hikes to the waterfalls on Deep Creek, picnics and tubing. There are hundreds of hikes to choose from, many of which are in the nearby Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Take the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad ride from Byrson City to get another great look at the beauty of western North Carolina. Horseback riding, whitewater rafting down the Nantahala River, fishing or kayaking on Fontana Lake, sightseeing drives through the National Parks, gaming at Harrah's Cherokee Casino, or a round of golf at the Smoky Mountain Country Club are also popular daily attractions. Shopping in the area is a fun way to find many local treasures. Visit the towns of Sylva, Bryson City, Dillsboro, and Cherokee for excellent restaurants, breweries, boutique shopping, galleries, and more! Although white water rafting, tubing, jeep rides, fly fishing, antiquing, zip lines and more are all just minutes away, you’ll want to be back at Story Lodge for the spectacular nightly performance that are the sunsets over the smoky mountains view!
The fully paved roads to Story Lodge lead you to double drives- an upper that brings you under a towering, covered log entry, and a lower with access to the downstairs. Plenty of parking for all your guests. With a stacked, west-facing mountain view from upper and lower decks, prepare to be amazed at sunsets that are nothing short of masterpieces! When you are ready to head outside, the only obstacle will be deciding which space to select! Enjoy dinner on the upper deck at the comfortable 6 person dining table with swivel seats, or head over to the cushioned rockers with end table and coffee table, and chaise lounge. The lower deck features wooden rocking chairs with end tables and a four person table with cushioned seats. Outdoor lights strung up over the lower deck will provide the perfect backdrop to all your evening photos! The side area of the house features even more outdoor options, including a picnic table, fire pit with 6 adirondack chairs, and a hot tub, housed under a pergola with screen option- all of this with a direct mountain view!
Lose yourself in the stunning mountain views from the dining room with an incredible 8 person dining table, and living room, with plenty of seating for your group, as well as high definition smart tv and gas fireplace. GE washer and dryer available in the adjacent laundry room so you can pack minimally. The half bath, off the living room is convenient for all guests. You’ll find everything you need, from plates to mixing bowls to pots and pans, in the fully furnished kitchen with high-end GE range, wall oven, dishwasher, and oversized refrigerator. Prepare meals and snacks to your heart’s delight. The showstopper Brazilian marinace granite countertops are the cherry on top of this gorgeous space! Coffee and tea lovers will look forward to the fully stocked keurig coffee bar with a wide variety of coffee pod flavors, creamers, and teas- something for everyone and the perfect way to start your day while soaking up the gorgeous view! The Master Bedroom is a story of relaxation and retreat, featuring a king size sleep number bed with memory foam topper for added comfort on a hickory log headboard and footboard, gas fireplace, and HD television. The walk in closet accommodates all your belongings with ease, with a large dresser for additional storage. Spa-like Master en suite boasts a bubbler, claw foot tub, heated floors (available in winter months), dual sink vanity, and oversized dual shower head walk in shower. And even though you are on a mountain, Story Lodge is equipped for excellent water pressure- you’ll have invigorating showers throughout the house. Wake every morning to your own mountain view. All bedrooms and bathrooms are outfitted with high end sheets and extra blankets, as well as oversized towels, hand towels, wash cloths, and make-up remover towels. A Pack & Play (along with sheet and blanket) and high chair is also available for guests with very young children.
The lower level hosts a queen bedroom with memory foam and hickory log headboard, walk-in closet, and dresser. Directly across the hall sits a full bath with a walk in shower and large vanity. The lower King bedroom boasts a hickory headboard and footboard with memory foam mattress, an HD television, as well as an incredible mountain view through the sliding door. Another full bath with walk in shower and vanity is directly adjacent.
Sometimes the best stories are made with friends and cocktails and the downstairs lounge is ready for both! A dry bar with counter storage and an additional refrigerator will accommodate everyone’s beverages. Ample seating for conversations and memories welcomes groups with a gorgeous mountain view and gas fireplace to keep cozy in the cold months.
CAROLINA MOUNTAIN VACATIONS
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
Click Here to Print or View Complete V.R.A. as pdf
If you have questions about this Vacation Rental Agreement, we would love to answer them for you.
Our toll free number for questions about this agreement is: 877-488-8500.
To view required payment at Booking, Click on the "Get Quote" button.
Reservation balance due at check-in.
Military Discounts can only be applied by
Reservationist after confirmation of eligibility.
(full descriptions and details provided in VRA)
Cancellations with short notice are unfair to both Carolina Mountain Vacations as well as the Cabin owner.
If you must cancel be sure to do so at least 31 days in advance of your arrival date.
If you elected to purchase trip insurance, the travel insurance company should be contacted with the claim by tenant.
NO RENTALS will be permitted to ANYONE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE.
All Guest are required to Check-In at our office:
40 Greenlee Street, Bryson City, NC 28713
For Directions to our office.
CHECK-IN is AFTER 4 P.M.
A.) Pay any outstanding balance in full.
B.) You will be handed printed detailed directions and information to access keys to your vacation cabin on the day you check-in at our office.
Internet mapping devises and navigation systems are NOT recommended for use in the Western NC Mountains ( GPS signal reception is spoty in the mountains).
CHECK-OUT is by 11 A.M.
To check-out you do not need to come by our office. Simply, Call our office to let us know you are leaving.
Before leaving the cabin Please:
* Just leave the linens and towls where they are, laundry services are part of the Departure Cleaning (not part of your Vacation)
*No need to run to the dump with your trash, we got that too. Just make sure the lids are on Tight.
*Remove all perishable food from cabinets and refrigerator.
*Start the dishwasher, if cabin is equipped. Dish soap is provided under sink
* Check for all personal belongings. Items left behind can be sent back with a $20 retrieval fee, plus shipping, will be charged
*Lock all doors and place keys back in the lock box
*Don't forget to give us a call as you head out.
Early Check-In and Late Check-Out:
If you are planning a late arrival time to your North Carolina vacation cabin rental, please contact our cabin rental office during business hours to make arrangements. Our office hours are 9 am to 9 pm, 7 days a week. Requests for early check-in or late check-out will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our office no less than 24 hours in advance with requests for an early arrival or late departure. Consideration is given based upon the property’s “status” immediately prior to or following your reservation.
Failure to disclose an accurate Guest count or the presence of unregistered Guests could result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 deducted from card on file.
Children 12 and under stay free.
Maximum occupancy refers to all persons over the age of one year old. Violations of maximum occupancy can cause property damage as well as violate local laws and regulations. (Most mountain cabins and homes run on private septic and well systems. Overtaxing these systems can cause serious problems.) Any maximum occupancy violation constitutes a breach of contract and Guest agrees that any such violation, in addition to any other remedies herein, will result in immediate eviction of Guests, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 representing liquidated damages.
Policies for Carolina Mountain Vacations Pet-Friendly Cabins
Guests will be required to sign the CMV Pet Policy at Check-In.
There are potential consequences for bringing an unauthorized pet onto any CMV property.
1. For pet friendly cabins, there is a one time $45 non-refundable pet fee for each pet up to a max of 3 pets. Any misrepresentation regarding the number of pets at the cabin will be charged accordingly.
2. Pets are only permitted with prior approval. Be sure to notify us if you are bringing a dog to one of our pet-friendly cabins. If prior approval has not been authorized and there is evidence of a pet having been at the property, the penalty may include a $200 charge, immediate removal of the pet and eviction from the cabin with the forfeiture of all rental payments.
3. CMV only accepts well-behaved, housebroken dogs into our pet friendly cabins. Even though we love all pets, we regret that we are unable to allow any animals other than dogs in our rental cabins. Absolutely no cats are permitted in CMV rental cabins. For the purpose of this agreement, the term “pet” is always used in reference to a dog. In the interest of protection your dog, a leash should always be used when your dog is outside. While North Carolina does not have a state leash law, please note that cities and counties may have stricter regulations. No dog shall be tied outside the Cabin unless supervised by a responsible adult
4. As a general rule, dogs should not be left unattended in cabins. In an unfamiliar environment dogs may act uncharacteristically and unpredictably. They may get nervous and bark, causing a disturbance to neighbors. Or they may harm the cabin by chewing, scratching or making messes that they would not typically make at home. Please remember to be respectful of nearby neighbors. Always use a crate in the rare event that a dog must be left alone.
5. Legal Disclaimer: Any damages to the cabin or cabin property or another person because of a pet will be the sole responsibility of the registered Guest. Guests are held financially responsible for all physical damages to the Cabin (i.e. chewing, scratching, flea infestation, etc.) inflicted on the Cabin by the presence of a pet. If extra cleaning is deemed reasonable due to the presence of a pet (i.e. soiled furniture and/or flooring, hair on furnishings or bedding, fleas), the Guest will be held financially responsible and the credit card on file will be charged for the amount of the repair/recovery. CMV is not responsible for harm caused to any pet.
Please review the Road Scale info for this cabin before booking.
Guest acknowledges that access to rented property will require driving on gravel and paved mountain roads that may in places be steep and has been given recommendation on the minimum type of vehicle needed to safely drive the road to property. CMV will not give refund or be held liable if guest does not adhere to recommended vehicle type and is not able to or refuses to drive up road to cabin. Nor can CMV be held responsible for temporary weather conditions that alter road conditions. Please adhere to any recommendation or requirement for a four-wheel-drive vehicle when listed in a property description. It is highly recommended that Guests try to arrive during daylight hours for their first visit to our area to become familiar with the area and roads. Our cleaning and maintenance staff drive these roads in their personal vehicles almost daily and report any major road issues; such as washouts, fallen trees or rocks. CMV will upon notification from staff or guest, contact appropriate local authorities to have road cleared or repaired.
For full explanation of Road Scale and NC Mountain driving tips.