Ridge Runner is is located in a gated community, just off Highway 28 a few minutes from the Almond Boat Dock on Fontana Lake and another public lake access spot for swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding and canoing. Ridge Runner is nestled on the side of a mountain with woods on three sides of the cabin. The drive to Ridge Runner is a paved road that is accessible by most all vehicles. There is hiking directly from the cabin. The Tsali Recreation Area, the mountain biking mecca of the eastern United States is just a few minutes down that mountain. White water rafting on the Nantahala River is about a 15 minute drive away. Shopping, restaurants, train excursions and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park are about 25 minutes away in downtown Bryson City. The many shops, main entrance to the GSMNP and the cultural center or the Eastern Band of the Cherokee Indians is about a 35-minute trip from the cabin up Highway 74.
When you arrive at Ridge Runner you will park in the circular gravel driveway next to the cabin. You can pull up next to a set of stairs leading to the main deck and entrance. Here is where your journey to Ridge Runner becomes worth any and every effort, for; as you step on to the large deck the natural beautiful of the Smoky Mountains surrounds you. This natural mountain setting seems to fill every part of this cabin, exterior and interior. The entrance is under a covered porch when you walk up the stairs. The large wrap-around deck is the primary spot for outdoor activities. There is a stone fire pit on the front lawn. A picnic table is positioned around the corner from the entrance to the kitchen, just outside of the sliding glass doors in the living room. There are several rocking chairs on the deck that provide you with a relaxing spot to drink your morning cup of coffee or evening glass of wine and take in the tranquil surroundings of the woods. A gas grill and all utensils is provided for BBQ connoisseurs (full propane tank included). The lower deck wraps around the front and sides of the cabin. There are several more rocking chairs as well as the hot tub. The deck can be accessed from the game room and the king bedroom on the lower level. This is an ideal spot to relax after a long day of enjoying the outdoors and watch the kids make s'mores in the stone fire pit below. The exterior of this beautiful smoky mountain log cabin offers as much to do as the interior.
When you enter the cabin the first thing you will notice is the open feeling and the amount of natural light that fills the cabin. The kitchen is on your right and features granite counter tops, breakfast bar and all new, modern stainless steel appliances including dishwasher, microwave and coffee maker. All dishes, utensils and cooking tools are provided. Past the kitchen is a full bath and laundry area with stackable washer and dryer. The great room on the left features a large living and dining area with a table suitable for seating 10. The modern-rustic decor features leather sofa and chairs, hardwood floors and a stone fireplace. There is a satellite dish and home theater system complete with CD/DVD player. The master bedroom features a king size bed, satellite TV and access to the wrap-around porch. The bedroom opens into the living room allowing it to fill with the natural light coming in from the floor to ceiling windows. There are sliding doors which can be closed to section off the bedroom from the main living area..
The lower level features a game room with pool table and flat screen satellite TV. There is a futon for additional sleeping and access to the lower deck and hot tub. There are two bedrooms on this level. One has 2 sets of twin bunk beds and a queen futon. The other bedroom feature a king bed and access to the lower deck and hot tub. There is a full bathroom in between the two bedrooms.
CAROLINA MOUNTAIN VACATIONS
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
Click Here to Print or View Complete V.R.A. as pdf
If you have questions about this Vacation Rental Agreement, we would love to answer them for you.
Our toll free number for questions about this agreement is: 877-488-8500.
To view required payment at Booking, Click on the "Get Quote" button.
Reservation balance due at check-in.
Military Discounts can only be applied by
Reservationist after confirmation of eligibility.
(full descriptions and details provided in VRA)
Cancellations with short notice are unfair to both Carolina Mountain Vacations as well as the Cabin owner.
If you must cancel be sure to do so at least 31 days in advance of your arrival date.
If you elected to purchase trip insurance, the travel insurance company should be contacted with the claim by tenant.
NO RENTALS will be permitted to ANYONE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE.
All Guest are required to Check-In at our office:
40 Greenlee Street, Bryson City, NC 28713
For Directions to our office.
CHECK-IN is AFTER 4 P.M.
A.) Pay any outstanding balance in full.
B.) You will be handed printed detailed directions and information to access keys to your vacation cabin on the day you check-in at our office.
Internet mapping devises and navigation systems are NOT recommended for use in the Western NC Mountains ( GPS signal reception is spoty in the mountains).
CHECK-OUT is by 11 A.M.
To check-out you do not need to come by our office. Simply, Call our office to let us know you are leaving.
Before leaving the cabin Please:
* Just leave the linens and towls where they are, laundry services are part of the Departure Cleaning (not part of your Vacation)
*No need to run to the dump with your trash, we got that too. Just make sure the lids are on Tight.
*Remove all perishable food from cabinets and refrigerator.
*Start the dishwasher, if cabin is equipped. Dish soap is provided under sink
* Check for all personal belongings. Items left behind can be sent back with a $20 retrieval fee, plus shipping, will be charged
*Lock all doors and place keys back in the lock box
*Don't forget to give us a call as you head out.
Early Check-In and Late Check-Out:
If you are planning a late arrival time to your North Carolina vacation cabin rental, please contact our cabin rental office during business hours to make arrangements. Our office hours are 9 am to 9 pm, 7 days a week. Requests for early check-in or late check-out will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our office no less than 24 hours in advance with requests for an early arrival or late departure. Consideration is given based upon the property’s “status” immediately prior to or following your reservation.
Failure to disclose an accurate Guest count or the presence of unregistered Guests could result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 deducted from card on file.
Children 12 and under stay free.
Maximum occupancy refers to all persons over the age of one year old. Violations of maximum occupancy can cause property damage as well as violate local laws and regulations. (Most mountain cabins and homes run on private septic and well systems. Overtaxing these systems can cause serious problems.) Any maximum occupancy violation constitutes a breach of contract and Guest agrees that any such violation, in addition to any other remedies herein, will result in immediate eviction of Guests, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 representing liquidated damages.
Policies for Carolina Mountain Vacations Pet-Friendly Cabins
Guests will be required to sign the CMV Pet Policy at Check-In.
There are potential consequences for bringing an unauthorized pet onto any CMV property.
1. For pet friendly cabins, there is a one time $45 non-refundable pet fee for each pet up to a max of 3 pets. Any misrepresentation regarding the number of pets at the cabin will be charged accordingly.
2. Pets are only permitted with prior approval. Be sure to notify us if you are bringing a dog to one of our pet-friendly cabins. If prior approval has not been authorized and there is evidence of a pet having been at the property, the penalty may include a $200 charge, immediate removal of the pet and eviction from the cabin with the forfeiture of all rental payments.
3. CMV only accepts well-behaved, housebroken dogs into our pet friendly cabins. Even though we love all pets, we regret that we are unable to allow any animals other than dogs in our rental cabins. Absolutely no cats are permitted in CMV rental cabins. For the purpose of this agreement, the term “pet” is always used in reference to a dog. In the interest of protection your dog, a leash should always be used when your dog is outside. While North Carolina does not have a state leash law, please note that cities and counties may have stricter regulations. No dog shall be tied outside the Cabin unless supervised by a responsible adult
4. As a general rule, dogs should not be left unattended in cabins. In an unfamiliar environment dogs may act uncharacteristically and unpredictably. They may get nervous and bark, causing a disturbance to neighbors. Or they may harm the cabin by chewing, scratching or making messes that they would not typically make at home. Please remember to be respectful of nearby neighbors. Always use a crate in the rare event that a dog must be left alone.
5. Legal Disclaimer: Any damages to the cabin or cabin property or another person because of a pet will be the sole responsibility of the registered Guest. Guests are held financially responsible for all physical damages to the Cabin (i.e. chewing, scratching, flea infestation, etc.) inflicted on the Cabin by the presence of a pet. If extra cleaning is deemed reasonable due to the presence of a pet (i.e. soiled furniture and/or flooring, hair on furnishings or bedding, fleas), the Guest will be held financially responsible and the credit card on file will be charged for the amount of the repair/recovery. CMV is not responsible for harm caused to any pet.
Please review the Road Scale info for this cabin before booking.
Guest acknowledges that access to rented property will require driving on gravel and paved mountain roads that may in places be steep and has been given recommendation on the minimum type of vehicle needed to safely drive the road to property. CMV will not give refund or be held liable if guest does not adhere to recommended vehicle type and is not able to or refuses to drive up road to cabin. Nor can CMV be held responsible for temporary weather conditions that alter road conditions. Please adhere to any recommendation or requirement for a four-wheel-drive vehicle when listed in a property description. It is highly recommended that Guests try to arrive during daylight hours for their first visit to our area to become familiar with the area and roads. Our cleaning and maintenance staff drive these roads in their personal vehicles almost daily and report any major road issues; such as washouts, fallen trees or rocks. CMV will upon notification from staff or guest, contact appropriate local authorities to have road cleared or repaired.
For full explanation of Road Scale and NC Mountain driving tips.