At the end of a well maintained and wide gravel road that runs along the bank of Fontana Lake is the driveway up to Carolina Dreamin'. The gravel driveway winds up a couple of acres to the parking area. The cabin sits a little way up the mountain side overlooking Fontana Lake. The Nantahala National Forest surrounds three sides of this cabin secluding it from the world's pressures. As Carolina Dreamin' is on the bank of Fontana Lake it is about 30 minutes to shopping and the GSMNP in Bryson City. The famous mountain bike trails of Tsali are about 15 minutes away. The scenic touring road the "Tail of the Dragon" is only about 7 minutes away. For a more adventurous experience, white water rafting on the Nantahala River is 20 minutes away. The shops and cultural centers of Cherokee are about 40 minutes up the Great Smoky Mountain Expressway (74).
When you pull in to the large flat gravel parking area; the two grand staircases leading up to the front doors highlight the size of this 3 level log cabin. The lower level of this cabin is also accessible from the gravel parking area. On the lower/ ground level around the side yard a fenced kennel provided security for the family pet. Further around to the back yard and the mountains surrounding Fontana Lake come into view. An outdoor hot tub offers a great place to soothe sore muscles from a day of white water rafting while enjoying the mountain view when the stars come out gather around the fire pit to roast marshmallows. The most prominent feature of this log cabin is the large 360 degree wrap around covered porch on the main level. There are many peaceful covered seating areas on the back and side areas of the porch for relaxing and watching the view. A gas grill sits off the kitchen for preparing the perfect steaks.
The front doors open to a spacious bright open floor plan accented by log walls and cathedral ceilings. A wall of windows to the peak of the cathedral ceiling fills the cabins interior with mountain views. To the left of the front door is the common area half bath. In the living room area a large stone gas log fireplace reaches the ceiling. Rich toned leather sofa and chairs provide comfortable seating around the fireplace. A flat screen TV with surround sound sits above the fireplace. Opposite the living area is the dining table; positioned to take advantage of views of the fireplace and mountains while you enjoy dinner. Past the dining area and to the left of the living room is the large kitchen. The kitchen is fully stocked with all dining and cooking utensils. The kitchen's breakfast bar seats four guest. The kitchen has all stainless steel appliances including a dishwasher. To the right of the fireplace a door leading to the master suite the only bedroom on the main level. A large stone gas log fireplace at the foot of the queen size bed creates a warm romantic glow and you can awake to the mountain view through the glass doors leading to the back porch. The master suite has a spa inspired bathroom. A large jetted tub is a great treat just before bed. A separate slate shower stands opposite the tub. To the right of the front door are stairs lead to the upper level and the lower level.
The stairs from the main level end at a suspended walkway connecting two bedroom suites. Two leather chairs on the walkway make a great reading spot with a beautiful mountain view. The bedroom to the right of the stairs has a double size bed and a beautiful view of Fontana Lake from a private balcony. It also has a private bath with a tub shower combo. Across the walkway is the second upper level suite. This bedroom has a queen size bed and private balcony with mountain view. The private bath in this suite has the additional luxury of a two person cedar sauna.
The lower level can be accessed from glass doors in the front and back of the cabin as well as stairs from the main level. The lower level has a large family room and is usually the main gathering place of guests. Down here the regulation size pool table is usually the center of attraction in the family room. But if it isn't your turn, you can watch the game on the flat screen TV above the gas log fireplace surrounded by comfortable sofas and futon. The glass doors that make up the back wall make sure the mountain views are always in sight. The hot tub and fire pit are just outside the family room doors. There are two bedrooms on the lower level. The bedroom on the right has a double size bed and easy access to the hot tub. The bedroom on the left side of the family room has a queen size bed and a private entrance to the only full bath on the lower level. There is also a common area entrance to the full bath.
CAROLINA MOUNTAIN VACATIONS
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
Click Here to Print or View Complete V.R.A. as pdf
If you have questions about this Vacation Rental Agreement, we would love to answer them for you.
Our toll free number for questions about this agreement is: 877-488-8500.
To view required payment at Booking, Click on the "Get Quote" button.
Reservation balance due at check-in.
Military Discounts can only be applied by
Reservationist after confirmation of eligibility.
(full descriptions and details provided in VRA)
Cancellations with short notice are unfair to both Carolina Mountain Vacations as well as the Cabin owner.
If you must cancel be sure to do so at least 31 days in advance of your arrival date.
If you elected to purchase trip insurance, the travel insurance company should be contacted with the claim by tenant.
NO RENTALS will be permitted to ANYONE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE.
All Guest are required to Check-In at our office:
40 Greenlee Street, Bryson City, NC 28713
For Directions to our office.
CHECK-IN is AFTER 4 P.M.
A.) Pay any outstanding balance in full.
B.) You will be handed printed detailed directions and information to access keys to your vacation cabin on the day you check-in at our office.
Internet mapping devises and navigation systems are NOT recommended for use in the Western NC Mountains ( GPS signal reception is spoty in the mountains).
CHECK-OUT is by 11 A.M.
To check-out you do not need to come by our office. Simply, Call our office to let us know you are leaving.
Before leaving the cabin Please:
* Just leave the linens and towls where they are, laundry services are part of the Departure Cleaning (not part of your Vacation)
*No need to run to the dump with your trash, we got that too. Just make sure the lids are on Tight.
*Remove all perishable food from cabinets and refrigerator.
*Start the dishwasher, if cabin is equipped. Dish soap is provided under sink
* Check for all personal belongings. Items left behind can be sent back with a $20 retrieval fee, plus shipping, will be charged
*Lock all doors and place keys back in the lock box
*Don't forget to give us a call as you head out.
Early Check-In and Late Check-Out:
If you are planning a late arrival time to your North Carolina vacation cabin rental, please contact our cabin rental office during business hours to make arrangements. Our office hours are 9 am to 9 pm, 7 days a week. Requests for early check-in or late check-out will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our office no less than 24 hours in advance with requests for an early arrival or late departure. Consideration is given based upon the property’s “status” immediately prior to or following your reservation.
Failure to disclose an accurate Guest count or the presence of unregistered Guests could result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 deducted from card on file.
Children 12 and under stay free.
Maximum occupancy refers to all persons over the age of one year old. Violations of maximum occupancy can cause property damage as well as violate local laws and regulations. (Most mountain cabins and homes run on private septic and well systems. Overtaxing these systems can cause serious problems.) Any maximum occupancy violation constitutes a breach of contract and Guest agrees that any such violation, in addition to any other remedies herein, will result in immediate eviction of Guests, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 representing liquidated damages.
Policies for Carolina Mountain Vacations Pet-Friendly Cabins
Guests will be required to sign the CMV Pet Policy at Check-In.
There are potential consequences for bringing an unauthorized pet onto any CMV property.
1. For pet friendly cabins, there is a one time $45 non-refundable pet fee for each pet up to a max of 3 pets. Any misrepresentation regarding the number of pets at the cabin will be charged accordingly.
2. Pets are only permitted with prior approval. Be sure to notify us if you are bringing a dog to one of our pet-friendly cabins. If prior approval has not been authorized and there is evidence of a pet having been at the property, the penalty may include a $200 charge, immediate removal of the pet and eviction from the cabin with the forfeiture of all rental payments.
3. CMV only accepts well-behaved, housebroken dogs into our pet friendly cabins. Even though we love all pets, we regret that we are unable to allow any animals other than dogs in our rental cabins. Absolutely no cats are permitted in CMV rental cabins. For the purpose of this agreement, the term “pet” is always used in reference to a dog. In the interest of protection your dog, a leash should always be used when your dog is outside. While North Carolina does not have a state leash law, please note that cities and counties may have stricter regulations. No dog shall be tied outside the Cabin unless supervised by a responsible adult
4. As a general rule, dogs should not be left unattended in cabins. In an unfamiliar environment dogs may act uncharacteristically and unpredictably. They may get nervous and bark, causing a disturbance to neighbors. Or they may harm the cabin by chewing, scratching or making messes that they would not typically make at home. Please remember to be respectful of nearby neighbors. Always use a crate in the rare event that a dog must be left alone.
5. Legal Disclaimer: Any damages to the cabin or cabin property or another person because of a pet will be the sole responsibility of the registered Guest. Guests are held financially responsible for all physical damages to the Cabin (i.e. chewing, scratching, flea infestation, etc.) inflicted on the Cabin by the presence of a pet. If extra cleaning is deemed reasonable due to the presence of a pet (i.e. soiled furniture and/or flooring, hair on furnishings or bedding, fleas), the Guest will be held financially responsible and the credit card on file will be charged for the amount of the repair/recovery. CMV is not responsible for harm caused to any pet.
Please review the Road Scale info for this cabin before booking.
Guest acknowledges that access to rented property will require driving on gravel and paved mountain roads that may in places be steep and has been given recommendation on the minimum type of vehicle needed to safely drive the road to property. CMV will not give refund or be held liable if guest does not adhere to recommended vehicle type and is not able to or refuses to drive up road to cabin. Nor can CMV be held responsible for temporary weather conditions that alter road conditions. Please adhere to any recommendation or requirement for a four-wheel-drive vehicle when listed in a property description. It is highly recommended that Guests try to arrive during daylight hours for their first visit to our area to become familiar with the area and roads. Our cleaning and maintenance staff drive these roads in their personal vehicles almost daily and report any major road issues; such as washouts, fallen trees or rocks. CMV will upon notification from staff or guest, contact appropriate local authorities to have road cleared or repaired.
For full explanation of Road Scale and NC Mountain driving tips.