Above the Lake log cabin is located on Fontana Lake, in a large private "Upscale" subdivision about a 20-minute trip to the back from the gated entrance. The subdivision's entrance is hidden from The Great Smoky Mountains Expressway (HW 74) which connects it to all the main attractions of the region. The restaurants, shops and Deep Creek entrance to the GSMNP are about a 20-minute trip along HW 74 to Bryson City. The Cherokee Indian reservation and its' many cultural exhibits, shops, Harrah’s Casino and Visitors Center main entrance of The Great Smoky Mountains National Park are another 15 to 20 minutes past Bryson City. The cabin is several miles from the entrance along a well paved yet very winding scenic mountain road. It is not uncommon for there to be a wild animal or two on the road, mostly flocks of wild turkeys which are slow to move out of a cars way, they almost seem annoyed by the car’s interruption of their dinner. We do suggest that you stop by the grocery store in town before heading out to this cabin since most guest find it hard to leave once they have arrived at the cabin.
Above the Lake is a three level log cabin surrounded by scenic mountain views that overlook the picturesque Fontana Lake. The driveway to this cabin is paved and can comfortably accommodate multiple cars. When you step out of your car, you will walk up a few short steps that will take you to the deck of the cabin. On the outside deck, you will find plenty of outdoor seating to enjoy the views that surround you, as well as an impressive outdoor fireplace with several rocking chairs and a picnic bench style tables for your enjoyment.
Walking through the front door will take you into the main level. You will immediately notice the magnificent vaulted ceilings and spacious open floor plan of this cabin. The interior is bright and airy with walls and floors composed of stunning natural wood. To your left sits the living room and adjoining open kitchen floor plan. To your right are the stairs to the upper level. The living room is furnished with comfortable leather couches with memory foam pull out capability, a flat screen TV, and a magnificent stone wall fireplace. The spacious kitchen sits adjacent to the living room and is equipped with stainless steel appliances and a large wood island. There is a dining room table that can seat 8 that sits under a beautiful antler chandelier. Around the corner from the kitchen is the laundry room with washer and dryer and plenty of space to do your cleaning. There are two bedrooms on this level and a bathroom that sits central to both. The bedroom to your left has a queen size bed and flat screen TV with plenty of closet space. The second bedroom is to your right and has two twin size beds, a flat screen TV, and desk area. The bathroom sits central and has a tub shower combo.
Upstairs is open loft master with king size bed, large flat screen TV and leather couch for your watching pleasure. The master has a private bath with adjacent his and her sink vanities and a standing only shower encased in glass. You will have plenty of closet space, and windows that display the outside views in all directions. This master is an open loft style layout, but still remains private from the rest of the house.
Adjacent to the laundry room are the stairs that lead to the lower level. Downstairs you will find a spectacular game room furnished with leather coaches with memory foam pull out capability, a large flat screen TV, pool table, and mini fridge & microwave for your gaming pleasure! There is also another fireplace downstairs, as well as entry to the outside deck where you will find the hot tub. There is lots of seating options both inside and out on the lower level. On this lower level, there is an additional bedroom with queen size bed and flat screen TV, with a private exit out onto the deck with hot tub access. Also on the lower level is a communal bathroom with a tub shower combo.
CAROLINA MOUNTAIN VACATIONS
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
Click Here to Print or View Complete V.R.A. as pdf
If you have questions about this Vacation Rental Agreement, we would love to answer them for you.
Our toll free number for questions about this agreement is: 877-488-8500.
To view required payment at Booking, Click on the "Get Quote" button.
Reservation balance due at check-in.
Military Discounts can only be applied by
Reservationist after confirmation of eligibility.
(full descriptions and details provided in VRA)
Cancellations with short notice are unfair to both Carolina Mountain Vacations as well as the Cabin owner.
If you must cancel be sure to do so at least 31 days in advance of your arrival date.
If you elected to purchase trip insurance, the travel insurance company should be contacted with the claim by tenant.
NO RENTALS will be permitted to ANYONE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE.
All Guest are required to Check-In at our office:
40 Greenlee Street, Bryson City, NC 28713
For Directions to our office.
CHECK-IN is AFTER 4 P.M.
A.) Pay any outstanding balance in full.
B.) You will be handed printed detailed directions and information to access keys to your vacation cabin on the day you check-in at our office.
Internet mapping devises and navigation systems are NOT recommended for use in the Western NC Mountains ( GPS signal reception is spoty in the mountains).
CHECK-OUT is by 11 A.M.
To check-out you do not need to come by our office. Simply, Call our office to let us know you are leaving.
Before leaving the cabin Please:
* Just leave the linens and towls where they are, laundry services are part of the Departure Cleaning (not part of your Vacation)
*No need to run to the dump with your trash, we got that too. Just make sure the lids are on Tight.
*Remove all perishable food from cabinets and refrigerator.
*Start the dishwasher, if cabin is equipped. Dish soap is provided under sink
* Check for all personal belongings. Items left behind can be sent back with a $20 retrieval fee, plus shipping, will be charged
*Lock all doors and place keys back in the lock box
*Don't forget to give us a call as you head out.
Early Check-In and Late Check-Out:
If you are planning a late arrival time to your North Carolina vacation cabin rental, please contact our cabin rental office during business hours to make arrangements. Our office hours are 9 am to 9 pm, 7 days a week. Requests for early check-in or late check-out will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our office no less than 24 hours in advance with requests for an early arrival or late departure. Consideration is given based upon the property’s “status” immediately prior to or following your reservation.
Failure to disclose an accurate Guest count or the presence of unregistered Guests could result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 deducted from card on file.
Children 12 and under stay free.
Maximum occupancy refers to all persons over the age of one year old. Violations of maximum occupancy can cause property damage as well as violate local laws and regulations. (Most mountain cabins and homes run on private septic and well systems. Overtaxing these systems can cause serious problems.) Any maximum occupancy violation constitutes a breach of contract and Guest agrees that any such violation, in addition to any other remedies herein, will result in immediate eviction of Guests, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 representing liquidated damages.
Policies for Carolina Mountain Vacations Pet-Friendly Cabins
Guests will be required to sign the CMV Pet Policy at Check-In.
There are potential consequences for bringing an unauthorized pet onto any CMV property.
1. For pet friendly cabins, there is a one time $45 non-refundable pet fee for each pet up to a max of 3 pets. Any misrepresentation regarding the number of pets at the cabin will be charged accordingly.
2. Pets are only permitted with prior approval. Be sure to notify us if you are bringing a dog to one of our pet-friendly cabins. If prior approval has not been authorized and there is evidence of a pet having been at the property, the penalty may include a $200 charge, immediate removal of the pet and eviction from the cabin with the forfeiture of all rental payments.
3. CMV only accepts well-behaved, housebroken dogs into our pet friendly cabins. Even though we love all pets, we regret that we are unable to allow any animals other than dogs in our rental cabins. Absolutely no cats are permitted in CMV rental cabins. For the purpose of this agreement, the term “pet” is always used in reference to a dog. In the interest of protection your dog, a leash should always be used when your dog is outside. While North Carolina does not have a state leash law, please note that cities and counties may have stricter regulations. No dog shall be tied outside the Cabin unless supervised by a responsible adult
4. As a general rule, dogs should not be left unattended in cabins. In an unfamiliar environment dogs may act uncharacteristically and unpredictably. They may get nervous and bark, causing a disturbance to neighbors. Or they may harm the cabin by chewing, scratching or making messes that they would not typically make at home. Please remember to be respectful of nearby neighbors. Always use a crate in the rare event that a dog must be left alone.
5. Legal Disclaimer: Any damages to the cabin or cabin property or another person because of a pet will be the sole responsibility of the registered Guest. Guests are held financially responsible for all physical damages to the Cabin (i.e. chewing, scratching, flea infestation, etc.) inflicted on the Cabin by the presence of a pet. If extra cleaning is deemed reasonable due to the presence of a pet (i.e. soiled furniture and/or flooring, hair on furnishings or bedding, fleas), the Guest will be held financially responsible and the credit card on file will be charged for the amount of the repair/recovery. CMV is not responsible for harm caused to any pet.
Please review the Road Scale info for this cabin before booking.
Guest acknowledges that access to rented property will require driving on gravel and paved mountain roads that may in places be steep and has been given recommendation on the minimum type of vehicle needed to safely drive the road to property. CMV will not give refund or be held liable if guest does not adhere to recommended vehicle type and is not able to or refuses to drive up road to cabin. Nor can CMV be held responsible for temporary weather conditions that alter road conditions. Please adhere to any recommendation or requirement for a four-wheel-drive vehicle when listed in a property description. It is highly recommended that Guests try to arrive during daylight hours for their first visit to our area to become familiar with the area and roads. Our cleaning and maintenance staff drive these roads in their personal vehicles almost daily and report any major road issues; such as washouts, fallen trees or rocks. CMV will upon notification from staff or guest, contact appropriate local authorities to have road cleared or repaired.
For full explanation of Road Scale and NC Mountain driving tips.