CAROLINA MOUNTAIN VACATIONS
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
Click Here to Print or View Complete V.R.A. as pdf
If you have questions about this Vacation Rental Agreement, we would love to answer them for you.
Our toll free number for questions about this agreement is: 877-488-8500.
Two night’s rental rate is required at the time of reservation
with balance due at check-in.
Returning Guest and Military Discounts can only be applied by
Reservation Specialist after confirmation of eligibility.
A. IF YOUR RESERVATION IS MADE MORE THAN 15 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL: A deposit of the first 2 nights will be required on a major credit or debit card (Master Card, Visa or Discover; we do not accept American Express). Balance is paid at check-in. Full payment is due at time of reservation if made 14 days or less prior to check-in (see below). Upon making your reservation, you will receive an email confirmation and a copy of our VRA. Please, read, initial and sign the VRA. You may return it by e-mail, Fax 1-828-488-7533 or when you check-in.
B. IF YOUR RESERVATION IS MADE LESS THAN 14 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL: Your reservation will be secured by phone with payment in full on a Master Card, Visa or Discover; we do not accept American Express. Upon making your reservation, you will receive an email confirmation and a copy of our VRA. Please, read, initial and sign the VRA. You may return it by e-mail, Fax 1-828-488-7533 or when you check-in.
C. All reservations incur 6.75-7% NC Sales Tax and County Occupancy Tax of 3%-5% in addition to the rental amounts and fees. Rates are subjected to applicable state sales and county occupancy taxes which are in effect during the time of your stay. Please note that these are subject to change as authorized by the appropriate governing body. Carolina Mountain Vacations will adjust your reservation to reflect current tax rates which are in effect at the time of your stay. Carolina Mountain Vacations will credit or debit your account for tax changes.
NO RENTALS will be permitted to ANYONE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE.
All Guest are required to Check-In at our office:
40 Greenlee Street, Bryson City, NC 28713
For Directions to our office.
CHECK-IN is AFTER 4 P.M.
A.) Required to sign a rental agreement and Pet Policy (if applicable)
B.) Pay any outstanding balance in full.
C.) Security Authorization Hold is required on a major credit card (Master Card, Visa or Discover; we do not accept American Express). More info
D.) You will be handed printed detailed directions and information to access keys to your vacation cabin on the day you check-in at our office. Internet mapping devises and navigation systems are NOT recommended for use in the Western NC Mountains ( GPS does not always work in the mountains). Please be aware that some NC mountain roads may be steep and/or curvy. Access to some of our cabins may require driving on gravel roads or driveways. Please adhere to any recommendation or requirement for a four-wheel-drive vehicle when listed in a property description. It is highly recommended that Guests try to arrive during daylight hours for their first visit to our area to become familiar with the area and roads.
CHECK-OUT is by 11 A.M.
Early Check-In and Late Check-Out: If you are planning a late arrival time to your North Carolina vacation cabin rental, please contact our cabin rental office during business hours to make arrangements. Our office hours are 9 am to 9 pm, 7 days a week. Requests for early check-in or late check-out will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our office no less than 24 hours in advance with requests for an early arrival or late departure. Consideration is given based upon the property’s “status” immediately prior to or following your reservation.
A Security Authorization Hold is required on a major credit card at time of check-in.
The Security Authorization Hold amount ranges from ($150.00 on 1-bedroom cabins, $250.00 on 2 and 3 bedroom cabins, $500.00 on, 4 and 5 bedroom cabins). Also, an additional Pet Security Hold of $100 if applicable will also be applied to the credit card on file. Your Security Authorization Hold must be made at check-in (Master Card, Visa or Discover; we do not accept American Express). Security Authorization Holds are released within 30 days of departure in accordance with NC law. Whether or not a Security Authorization Hold is required, a guest is responsible for any intentional damage due to willful negligence on leased Cabin. A guest agrees that charges can be processed on their credit card.
Cancellations with short notice are unfair to both Carolina Mountain Vacations as well as the Cabin owner.
If you must cancel be sure to do so at least 31 days in advance of your arrival date.
a. All cancellations made within 31 days of arrival are non-refundable. In the event you must cancel your reservation within 31 days of arrival, please notify us as soon as possible. We will make every effort to re-rent the Cabin for your original dates. If we re-rent the Cabin for the total number of reservation nights, all monies (less a $75 cancellation fee) will be returned within 30 days after re-booking. If we re-rent the Cabin for less than the total number of reservation nights, we will refund the monies for this portion of the rental rate (less a $75 cancellation fee) within 30 days after re-booking. If after diligent effort, we are unable to re-rent the Cabin, the full rental payment will be forfeited.
b. If cancellations are made outside of the 31 day arrival, your deposit will be refunded minus a $75 cancellation fee within 30 days of the cancellation date.
c. Your reservation may be switched to a different cabin if you notify us 31 days or more prior to your arrival. Reservations CAN NOT be transferred to another cabin within 31 days of arrival.
d. Please remember that you are making an agreement with CMV for an individually owned Cabin. If you are disappointed or unsatisfied with the cabin due to different tastes according to decor, accommodations, location, construction, mountain road conditions, etc. and decline to stay at the cabin, this will be considered a cancellation and no rent reduction or refund will be issued. If you have particular needs such as a disability or severe medical condition, CMV will attempt to answer and address all concerns. If the Cabin is not fit and habitable, CMV will substitute a reasonably comparable property. If a Cabin cannot be substituted, CMV will refund to the guest all payments made by guest. CMV will conduct all activities in regard to this Agreement without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or familial status of any guest. Guest agrees to hold harmless Carolina Mountain Vacations for any inaccuracies.
Failure to disclose an accurate Guest count or the presence of unregistered Guests could result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 deducted from card on file.
Children 12 and under stay free.
Additional guest are $10.00 per night, per guest extra, this must be approved prior to checking into your vacation rental cabin.
Maximum occupancy refers to all persons over the age of one year old. Violations of maximum occupancy can cause property damage as well as violate local laws and regulations. (Most mountain cabins and homes run on private septic and well systems. Overtaxing these systems can cause serious problems.) Any maximum occupancy violation constitutes a breach of contract and Guest agrees that any such violation, in addition to any other remedies herein, will result in immediate eviction of Guests, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 representing liquidated damages.
Policies for Carolina Mountain Vacations Pet-Friendly Cabins
Guests will be required to sign the CMV Pet Policy at Check-In.
There are potential consequences for bringing an unauthorized pet onto any CMV property.
1. For pet friendly cabins, there is a $45 non-refundable pet fee for the first pet, $20 for the second pet and $20 for the third pet. Any misrepresentation regarding the number of pets at the cabin will be charged accordingly.
2. Pets are only permitted with prior approval. Be sure to notify us if you are bringing a dog to one of our pet-friendly cabins. If prior approval has not been authorized and there is evidence of a pet having been at the property, the penalty may include a $200 charge, immediate removal of the pet and eviction from the cabin with the forfeiture of all rental payments.
3. CMV only accepts well-behaved, housebroken dogs into our pet friendly cabins. Even though we love all pets, we regret that we are unable to allow any animals other than dogs in our rental cabins. Absolutely no cats are permitted in CMV rental cabins. For the purpose of this agreement, the term “pet” is always used in reference to a dog. In the interest of protection your dog, a leash should always be used when your dog is outside. While North Carolina does not have a state leash law, please note that cities and counties may have stricter regulations. No dog shall be tied outside the Cabin unless supervised by a responsible adult
4. As a general rule, dogs should not be left unattended in cabins. In an unfamiliar environment dogs may act uncharacteristically and unpredictably. They may get nervous and bark, causing a disturbance to neighbors. Or they may harm the cabin by chewing, scratching or making messes that they would not typically make at home. Please remember to be respectful of nearby neighbors. Always use a crate in the rare event that a dog must be left alone.
5. Legal Disclaimer: Any damages to the cabin or cabin property or another person because of a pet will be the sole responsibility of the registered Guest. Guests are held financially responsible for all physical damages to the Cabin (i.e. chewing, scratching, flea infestation, etc.) inflicted on the Cabin by the presence of a pet. If extra cleaning is deemed reasonable due to the presence of a pet (i.e. soiled furniture and/or flooring, hair on furnishings or bedding, fleas), the Guest will be held financially responsible and the credit card on file will be charged for the amount of the repair/recovery. CMV is not responsible for harm caused to any pet.