The drive to A Stag Crossing will take you past the Nantahala Outdoor Center and continue to follow along the banks of the incredibly picturesque Nantahala River. You will also pass the main launch point for all the white water rafting companies; an exciting and memorable excursion that should not be missed during your stay at this cabin. After the scenic and winding trip along the river, you will turn on to and up a lightly traveled gravel road. This slightly steep gravel road does require a 4 wheel or all weel drive vehicle to negotiate its winding path through and high up the Nantahala forest mountain side. The journey up this forested mountain road creates an exclusiveness and seclusion to your vacation. Along the way you will probably startle a few animals grazing in and along the road, deer and turkey seem to be the most plentiful. A sharp turn off the gravel road onto the driveway leads up to the scenic overlook of Stag Crossing’s parking area. As you pull up; you will discover that this is one of those locations that proves that sometimes the destination is worth any journey even if the journey was also scenic and fun. Stag Crossing is perched high up above the Nantahala River valley. This vantage point offers beautiful mountain views that seem to go on forever. With no neighbors as far as the eye can see it will feel like you have discovered your own private peaceful mountain top escape. With stunning sun rises and gorgeous sun sets over the mountains of the Nantahala River Valley and complete privacy; Stag Crossing is the perfect destination for a romantic escape or a peacefully rejuvenating vacation.
Pulling up the steep gravel driveway will take you up to your magnificent luxury cabin, A Stag Crossing. The views of the Nantahala National Forest that surround this cabin are unlike anything you have ever seen before, and looks as if they have been seamlessly painted by the hands of an artist. It truly is captivating. From the parking lot you will see two sets of stairs that you can climb. The stair set to your right will take you up to the front door where you will find the lock box for entry. The stair set to your left will take you up onto the deck. Take note of the delightful gravel pathway just below these stairs that will walk you down into a beautiful flower garden to a viewing bench to enjoy the mountain horizon of the Nantahala National Forest. Walking up onto the deck you will find a few relaxing rocking chairs to sit and enjoy the surrounding views, and if you continue following the deck around the corner you will find the hot tub. This house is very private which means you are able to really enjoy the relaxing hot tub with no interruptions from any curious neighbors. Looking down past the hot tub in the yard you will see a sizable fire pit area with plenty of bench seating for your enjoyment. This yard is perfect for roasting marshmallows over the open fire and telling stories late into the night.
Entering the house you are warmly welcomed by gorgeous high vaulted ceilings and picturesque floor to ceiling windows that fill the cabin’s interior with the breathtaking mountain views that surround the cabin. The spacious kitchen is equipped with beautiful granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, and all the cookware and utensils you will need for premium vacation dining. Enjoy a snack at the large kitchen bar furnished with 4 stools for seating, or choose the larger more formal dining room table with seating for 6. Just next to the dining room table you will see a set of beautiful French doors that will take you outside onto the deck where you will see an outdoor table set and grill for an outside dining option. Adjoining the kitchen is the open living room area with a stone fireplace, flat screen TV, and plenty of seating for your lounging pleasure. Around the corner from the kitchen is the hallway that will take you into the first floor bathroom to your left, and into the master bedroom and private bathroom to your right. The bedroom is charmingly furnished with a comfortable queen size bed and accompanying chase lounge chair. Stepping through the hallway will take you into the glorious master bathroom where you will find a standing shower, a jetted bathtub in the corner, and double his and her sink vanity.
Centering back in the living room you will see a set of stairs in the far corner that will take you up to the second level. At the top of the stairs to your left is a recreation loft with books and games for your enjoyment. Directly across from the stairs is the bathroom with a shower tub combo for your convenience. There are two other bedrooms in the upper level both furnished with queen size beds and private closet space. The bedroom to the right of the stairs has a private balcony for you to enjoy the views on a more personal level.
CAROLINA MOUNTAIN VACATIONS
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
Click Here to Print or View Complete V.R.A. as pdf
If you have questions about this Vacation Rental Agreement, we would love to answer them for you.
Our toll free number for questions about this agreement is: 877-488-8500.
To view required payment at Booking, Click on the "Get Quote" button.
Reservation balance due at check-in.
Military Discounts can only be applied by
Reservationist after confirmation of eligibility.
(full descriptions and details provided in VRA)
Cancellations with short notice are unfair to both Carolina Mountain Vacations as well as the Cabin owner.
If you must cancel be sure to do so at least 31 days in advance of your arrival date.
If you elected to purchase trip insurance, the travel insurance company should be contacted with the claim by tenant.
NO RENTALS will be permitted to ANYONE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE.
All Guest are required to Check-In at our office:
40 Greenlee Street, Bryson City, NC 28713
For Directions to our office.
CHECK-IN is AFTER 4 P.M.
A.) Pay any outstanding balance in full.
B.) You will be handed printed detailed directions and information to access keys to your vacation cabin on the day you check-in at our office.
Internet mapping devises and navigation systems are NOT recommended for use in the Western NC Mountains ( GPS signal reception is spoty in the mountains).
CHECK-OUT is by 11 A.M.
To check-out you do not need to come by our office. Simply, Call our office to let us know you are leaving.
Before leaving the cabin Please:
* Just leave the linens and towls where they are, laundry services are part of the Departure Cleaning (not part of your Vacation)
*No need to run to the dump with your trash, we got that too. Just make sure the lids are on Tight.
*Remove all perishable food from cabinets and refrigerator.
*Start the dishwasher, if cabin is equipped. Dish soap is provided under sink
* Check for all personal belongings. Items left behind can be sent back with a $20 retrieval fee, plus shipping, will be charged
*Lock all doors and place keys back in the lock box
*Don't forget to give us a call as you head out.
Early Check-In and Late Check-Out:
If you are planning a late arrival time to your North Carolina vacation cabin rental, please contact our cabin rental office during business hours to make arrangements. Our office hours are 9 am to 9 pm, 7 days a week. Requests for early check-in or late check-out will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our office no less than 24 hours in advance with requests for an early arrival or late departure. Consideration is given based upon the property’s “status” immediately prior to or following your reservation.
Failure to disclose an accurate Guest count or the presence of unregistered Guests could result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 deducted from card on file.
Children 12 and under stay free.
Maximum occupancy refers to all persons over the age of one year old. Violations of maximum occupancy can cause property damage as well as violate local laws and regulations. (Most mountain cabins and homes run on private septic and well systems. Overtaxing these systems can cause serious problems.) Any maximum occupancy violation constitutes a breach of contract and Guest agrees that any such violation, in addition to any other remedies herein, will result in immediate eviction of Guests, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 representing liquidated damages.
Policies for Carolina Mountain Vacations Pet-Friendly Cabins
Guests will be required to sign the CMV Pet Policy at Check-In.
There are potential consequences for bringing an unauthorized pet onto any CMV property.
1. For pet friendly cabins, there is a one time $45 non-refundable pet fee for each pet up to a max of 3 pets. Any misrepresentation regarding the number of pets at the cabin will be charged accordingly.
2. Pets are only permitted with prior approval. Be sure to notify us if you are bringing a dog to one of our pet-friendly cabins. If prior approval has not been authorized and there is evidence of a pet having been at the property, the penalty may include a $200 charge, immediate removal of the pet and eviction from the cabin with the forfeiture of all rental payments.
3. CMV only accepts well-behaved, housebroken dogs into our pet friendly cabins. Even though we love all pets, we regret that we are unable to allow any animals other than dogs in our rental cabins. Absolutely no cats are permitted in CMV rental cabins. For the purpose of this agreement, the term “pet” is always used in reference to a dog. In the interest of protection your dog, a leash should always be used when your dog is outside. While North Carolina does not have a state leash law, please note that cities and counties may have stricter regulations. No dog shall be tied outside the Cabin unless supervised by a responsible adult
4. As a general rule, dogs should not be left unattended in cabins. In an unfamiliar environment dogs may act uncharacteristically and unpredictably. They may get nervous and bark, causing a disturbance to neighbors. Or they may harm the cabin by chewing, scratching or making messes that they would not typically make at home. Please remember to be respectful of nearby neighbors. Always use a crate in the rare event that a dog must be left alone.
5. Legal Disclaimer: Any damages to the cabin or cabin property or another person because of a pet will be the sole responsibility of the registered Guest. Guests are held financially responsible for all physical damages to the Cabin (i.e. chewing, scratching, flea infestation, etc.) inflicted on the Cabin by the presence of a pet. If extra cleaning is deemed reasonable due to the presence of a pet (i.e. soiled furniture and/or flooring, hair on furnishings or bedding, fleas), the Guest will be held financially responsible and the credit card on file will be charged for the amount of the repair/recovery. CMV is not responsible for harm caused to any pet.
Please review the Road Scale info for this cabin before booking.
Guest acknowledges that access to rented property will require driving on gravel and paved mountain roads that may in places be steep and has been given recommendation on the minimum type of vehicle needed to safely drive the road to property. CMV will not give refund or be held liable if guest does not adhere to recommended vehicle type and is not able to or refuses to drive up road to cabin. Nor can CMV be held responsible for temporary weather conditions that alter road conditions. Please adhere to any recommendation or requirement for a four-wheel-drive vehicle when listed in a property description. It is highly recommended that Guests try to arrive during daylight hours for their first visit to our area to become familiar with the area and roads. Our cleaning and maintenance staff drive these roads in their personal vehicles almost daily and report any major road issues; such as washouts, fallen trees or rocks. CMV will upon notification from staff or guest, contact appropriate local authorities to have road cleared or repaired.
For full explanation of Road Scale and NC Mountain driving tips.