Step out into the clouds at this gorgeous log home set high on a mountain with long range views as far as one can see. Located just a few minutes from Almond boat park on Fontana Lake, or Tsali recreation center, 20 minutes from white water rafting on the Nantahala river, about 25 minutes from Bryson City and 35 minutes from Cherokee. Four wheel drive is suggested as you take the drive up the well maintained gravel road leading to the cabin. Its not uncommon to spot a deer or group of wild turkeys crossing your path. Once at the cabin you can not see any other cabins, a very quite and peaceful setting.
The wide gravel parking area allows you to easily park and turn most vehicles with no problem. A few steps on either side of the deck leads you up to a deck that wraps around the entire cabin. One side leads you to the hot tub, perfectly placed to relax and soak in the view as you soak your worries away in the warm massaging waters. Lots of seating around the front of the cabin gives each guest a place to enjoy the mountains and the ever changing views on the horizon. A quiet place to share a hot cup of coffee in the mornings or a romantic glass of wine with someone special at night while watching the stars emerge across the night sky. Located on the other side of the deck is a gas grill for cooking meals while taking in the clean mountain air and enjoying the breezes that wisp through. Out front is a nice grassy yard for your furry friends to run and play, as well as a lovely fire-pit area, perfect for a warm fire on cool evenings to toast marshmallows.
The front door on the deck enters into the beautiful living area of this incredible log home. Soft wood tones, exposed log beams and beautiful wood floors. You are instantly drawn into the room which feels so inviting and comfortable. Leather furniture allows you a place to sit and look at the view from the cabin through the large front windows or sit and enjoy the fireplace. If you need more, the satellite TV is also located near the fireplace. To the right of this room you enter the comfortable game room, made cozy by the same fireplace that is shared with the living room. A pool table awaits a game or two. A second satellite TV is also in this room as well as two futons for hanging out or as extra places to sleep. Near the entry you will find a full bathroom with shower and tub. To the left of the living room is the large dining area with a table that seats eight comfortably during those meals that can be easily prepared in the large fully equipped kitchen that adjoins it. Beautiful granite counter tops and stainless appliances including a dishwasher. A laundry area is just off the kitchen with washer and dryer.
Next to the front door, a staircase leads the way up the the three bedrooms. At the top of the stairs to the right will lead you into the master bedroom. A large king size bed invites you to snuggle in. The windows allow you to enjoy the views of the mountains as you relax in bed or watch the satellite TV in this cozy room. Or step out onto the private balcony that overlooks the hot tub. A private bath provide a shower and tub, with access to another deck that wraps around the back side of the cabin. A quiet place to get a nice breath of fresh air. The left side of this level leads past another full bath and to the other two bedrooms. The first has a full size bunk bed on bottom and twin side bunk on top. This room also has access to the top deck. Just next door is the other bedroom with a queen size bed. Great views from the windows and a satellite TV can be found in this room too, as well as a private balcony. Comfortable bedding in all the rooms makes snuggling in after a long day of exploring the area a treat.
CAROLINA MOUNTAIN VACATIONS
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
Click Here to Print or View Complete V.R.A. as pdf
If you have questions about this Vacation Rental Agreement, we would love to answer them for you.
Our toll free number for questions about this agreement is: 877-488-8500.
To view required payment at Booking, Click on the "Get Quote" button.
Reservation balance due at check-in.
Military Discounts can only be applied by
Reservationist after confirmation of eligibility.
(full descriptions and details provided in VRA)
Cancellations with short notice are unfair to both Carolina Mountain Vacations as well as the Cabin owner.
If you must cancel be sure to do so at least 31 days in advance of your arrival date.
If you elected to purchase trip insurance, the travel insurance company should be contacted with the claim by tenant.
NO RENTALS will be permitted to ANYONE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE.
All Guest are required to Check-In at our office:
40 Greenlee Street, Bryson City, NC 28713
For Directions to our office.
CHECK-IN is AFTER 4 P.M.
A.) Pay any outstanding balance in full.
B.) You will be handed printed detailed directions and information to access keys to your vacation cabin on the day you check-in at our office.
Internet mapping devises and navigation systems are NOT recommended for use in the Western NC Mountains ( GPS signal reception is spoty in the mountains).
CHECK-OUT is by 11 A.M.
To check-out you do not need to come by our office. Simply, Call our office to let us know you are leaving.
Before leaving the cabin Please:
* Just leave the linens and towls where they are, laundry services are part of the Departure Cleaning (not part of your Vacation)
*No need to run to the dump with your trash, we got that too. Just make sure the lids are on Tight.
*Remove all perishable food from cabinets and refrigerator.
*Start the dishwasher, if cabin is equipped. Dish soap is provided under sink
* Check for all personal belongings. Items left behind can be sent back with a $20 retrieval fee, plus shipping, will be charged
*Lock all doors and place keys back in the lock box
*Don't forget to give us a call as you head out.
Early Check-In and Late Check-Out:
If you are planning a late arrival time to your North Carolina vacation cabin rental, please contact our cabin rental office during business hours to make arrangements. Our office hours are 9 am to 9 pm, 7 days a week. Requests for early check-in or late check-out will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our office no less than 24 hours in advance with requests for an early arrival or late departure. Consideration is given based upon the property’s “status” immediately prior to or following your reservation.
Failure to disclose an accurate Guest count or the presence of unregistered Guests could result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 deducted from card on file.
Children 12 and under stay free.
Maximum occupancy refers to all persons over the age of one year old. Violations of maximum occupancy can cause property damage as well as violate local laws and regulations. (Most mountain cabins and homes run on private septic and well systems. Overtaxing these systems can cause serious problems.) Any maximum occupancy violation constitutes a breach of contract and Guest agrees that any such violation, in addition to any other remedies herein, will result in immediate eviction of Guests, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 representing liquidated damages.
Policies for Carolina Mountain Vacations Pet-Friendly Cabins
Guests will be required to sign the CMV Pet Policy at Check-In.
There are potential consequences for bringing an unauthorized pet onto any CMV property.
1. For pet friendly cabins, there is a one time $45 non-refundable pet fee for each pet up to a max of 3 pets. Any misrepresentation regarding the number of pets at the cabin will be charged accordingly.
2. Pets are only permitted with prior approval. Be sure to notify us if you are bringing a dog to one of our pet-friendly cabins. If prior approval has not been authorized and there is evidence of a pet having been at the property, the penalty may include a $200 charge, immediate removal of the pet and eviction from the cabin with the forfeiture of all rental payments.
3. CMV only accepts well-behaved, housebroken dogs into our pet friendly cabins. Even though we love all pets, we regret that we are unable to allow any animals other than dogs in our rental cabins. Absolutely no cats are permitted in CMV rental cabins. For the purpose of this agreement, the term “pet” is always used in reference to a dog. In the interest of protection your dog, a leash should always be used when your dog is outside. While North Carolina does not have a state leash law, please note that cities and counties may have stricter regulations. No dog shall be tied outside the Cabin unless supervised by a responsible adult
4. As a general rule, dogs should not be left unattended in cabins. In an unfamiliar environment dogs may act uncharacteristically and unpredictably. They may get nervous and bark, causing a disturbance to neighbors. Or they may harm the cabin by chewing, scratching or making messes that they would not typically make at home. Please remember to be respectful of nearby neighbors. Always use a crate in the rare event that a dog must be left alone.
5. Legal Disclaimer: Any damages to the cabin or cabin property or another person because of a pet will be the sole responsibility of the registered Guest. Guests are held financially responsible for all physical damages to the Cabin (i.e. chewing, scratching, flea infestation, etc.) inflicted on the Cabin by the presence of a pet. If extra cleaning is deemed reasonable due to the presence of a pet (i.e. soiled furniture and/or flooring, hair on furnishings or bedding, fleas), the Guest will be held financially responsible and the credit card on file will be charged for the amount of the repair/recovery. CMV is not responsible for harm caused to any pet.
Please review the Road Scale info for this cabin before booking.
Guest acknowledges that access to rented property will require driving on gravel and paved mountain roads that may in places be steep and has been given recommendation on the minimum type of vehicle needed to safely drive the road to property. CMV will not give refund or be held liable if guest does not adhere to recommended vehicle type and is not able to or refuses to drive up road to cabin. Nor can CMV be held responsible for temporary weather conditions that alter road conditions. Please adhere to any recommendation or requirement for a four-wheel-drive vehicle when listed in a property description. It is highly recommended that Guests try to arrive during daylight hours for their first visit to our area to become familiar with the area and roads. Our cleaning and maintenance staff drive these roads in their personal vehicles almost daily and report any major road issues; such as washouts, fallen trees or rocks. CMV will upon notification from staff or guest, contact appropriate local authorities to have road cleared or repaired.
For full explanation of Road Scale and NC Mountain driving tips.